Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 13 - Port Barton

    January 8, 2020 on the Philippines ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    An early morning start and we were off to catch a bus from El Nido to Port Barton, roughly 4 hours.

    We grabbed some snacks and headed to the local bus station. We were crammed into an 8-10 seater van, knees up around the shoulders and we were off. Making our way down the coast, we arrived in Port Barton at 11.30am.

    Port Barton is an untouched coastal beach town with minimal infrastructure. The beach is lined with beach huts serving food and drink. The streets are very basic, littered, basic buildings and roads with no gutters.

    We checked in to our accomodations, one of the more fancier places as it had aircon. Aircon in PB is a luxury. Our room was very basic but it certainly did what we needed it too. We decided to set off and head somewhere for lunch. We walked the few blocks that make up PB and found a local place recommended by lonely planet. Plastic tables and chairs, no english spoke but great food!!

    We continued walking the streets before laying on the beach for a few hours and getting a massage.

    Dinner with rum and coke and local beer before an early night.
    Read more