Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    White Scar Caves

    August 5, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Tour of White Scar caves with Sam and Larrissa.
    Had a good day out at Ingleton involving 80 mins underground traversing dark, wet caves with sections of paths often requiring us to stoop right down at the hips. A bit tricky with my back playing up and John's height so it was a joy to stand up normally afterwards. The hard hats came into their own and saved us from sore heads at these points. They took some knocks!
    The guide had a very strange delivery style and an odd accent but she was loud and clear. Some impressive sights, my favourite being the arun lily stalactites.
    Both John and I got dripped on under the 'devil's tongue' all lit up in red so I don't know how we didn't see it coming. This means we will have bad luck! Sam and Larrissa both stepped very gingerly around it I noticed.
    The bacon / breakfast rolls in the cafe at the end were the best we'd had for a long time and good value. Then a Mr Whippy 99 topped it off nicely.
    After a brief chilly and damp walk around Ingleton, they headed home to prepare for a night out at the cinema to see Oppenheimer.
    We headed to a salvage and antiques place called Lords. A real treasure trove and great for photography. We were very restrained, John spent £1.
    Read more