Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Blowing cold!

    January 7 in France ⋅ 🌬 6 °C

    There was SOME sun today but cold and VERY windy. An icy-wind feeling. But we needed to stretch our legs so set off for 'la plage', which is mainly a windsurfing, sandsurfing whatever sporty-'fings' there are to do, beach. Huge stretch of sand, and the water seemed miles away. Not an atmospheric feel to it. Turned back from our attempted 20 min walk to the town as it became too much. My scarf nearly went. John lost his hat yesterday. I was togged up with double everything on. The sand was hitting our faces and we were being buffeted about. But it blew a few cobwebs away and we came back to the van refreshed and grateful to be in a shelter.
    A laundry filled day, the machines were out of order so we had to use the staff washing machine facility, delightfully set in a room with lots of urinals. Not everything got dry in the tumble drier. So there's stuff drying festooning our space everywhere. Camper life, eh?!
    I used the gym space to do a few exercises and had it all to myself thankfully. That warmed me up a bit.
    We both have our electric throws on this evening though.
    Read more