Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Staying ... Isla Christina

    February 6 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    I've just written at length about our day and restaurant experience, then lost the lot. So ... nutshell:
    Walk along beach and paddle, then into town to eat at Casa Pedros.
    A local downmarket, no frills type pavement restaurant with a rather brusque, make-your-mind-up waiter, but kinda friendly too. Lots of interesting characters there. We had good food and came home with a 2k box of strawberries for €5. John had taken pity on the guy who'd come to our table and we declined. Then a nearby table haggled him down to €4, and John thought it mean as €5 was a good and fair price. So called him back and said "yes please".
    The box weighed a bit less by the time we got home. 😉
    Strangely it was really hard to get the bill from the restaurant. There was a youngish guy kept singing, I think to do with carnival as they have contests.
    We weighed up our choices, the weather, the warmth and made a decision to stay another week. Then, as you can get 30 nights for the price of 20, we've paid for 20 and will decide later re how long to stay. A bonus is there's a carnival parade on Sunday and as we missed the first one by an hour or so, we're rather pleased to get a 2nd chance.
    Read more