Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91

    Back at base camp!

    March 10 in Wales ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    So we've arrived back home!
    The journey through Wiltshire, Somerset, and Bradford on Avon (where we bought Bramley) was lovely, very English. The rest was just M4 really. I got a Starbucks coffee at a services and it seemed huge! I also had to make a conscious effort not to ask for it in Spanish or French but to speak English.

    All's well here, apart from my car had quite a lot of mouldiness on the upholstery, dashboard, and steering wheel. Not nice, now cleaned off as best I can. Didn't help that I'd used it to transport lots of junk and garden debris to the tip just before we left, so it was probably damp from that and all the bags left in it.
    The other thing that's changed is that the building preparation work means the corrugated iron roofed barn has gone, and we have a different landscape at the back. I've found some pics of how it looked while John was building the shed. It will all change again soon once they build.

    We've lived in this house nearly a year now but driving to Narberth still felt a little like we were going to a familiar holiday let, and it did feel a bit odd coming through the door. Not properly like our home yet. It's still a bit of a blank canvas and still in a state of flux. We'll put more of our own stamp on it over time. In fact, we've only really lived in it for 9 months, as we've been away on a very enjoyable jolly for 3 months!
    Read more