Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Explore Florence

    June 27, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We had a quick breakfast at 7:45am as we were were we had to get to our Walking Tour at 8:30am.
    Walking Tour of Florence started at the Piazza San Marcos and covered the Galleria Dell Accademia, Basilica di San Lorenzo, Duomo, Basilica di Santa Croce, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte and Vecchio bridge.

    In the middle we got 90 minutes for lunch that we decided to get Gusta Pizza. A highly rated pizza place. No place to sit. Ate in front Pitti Palace. Home of the Medichi family. After lunch we completed our remaining part of the walking tour by going into the Uffizi and seeing masterpieces from Michalengo, Donatello, Leonardo Da’Vinci, Jochta and others.

    After the tour we headed back to the apartment to rest with a stop at Perche No! for Gelato, a place recommended by our tour guide. Best Gelato of the trip so far.

    We got back to the flat, slept for a couple of hours, showered and then went out to get dinner. Today, after many days without Indian food we decided to get some. We went to Gandhi Ristorante and the food was surprisingly very good. After dinner we retired to our flat.
    Read more