Satellite
  • Day 10

    Explore Chianti- Castello di Verzzanno

    June 28, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Late start to the day. Spent most of the day in Chianti at a beautiful winery on top of a hill. The winery tour was very informative about Chianti wines. The lunch after the tour was spectacular and very possible the best meal we have eaten so far. On top of the food, the dining room offered amazing views of the vineyard. It was three course preset menu. The Salami platter was good with the pork cheek the best of all the meats. The pure Balsamic vinegar that they served was wonderful. It takes about 10 years to get the best quality. The ones that we buy at most grocery stores are commercially produced and taste very acidic but this one seemed less acidic and quite sweet with no added sugars. The Salami was followed by pasta in marinara sauce followed by pork / wild boar chops. They served us unlimited wine 3 different reds and a couple of white. All that wine made us a bit too happy and we left our backpack with passports at the winery. Luckily 10 minutes into our drive back to Florence we realized our bag was missing and we went back to the winery. We had loved our afternoon and wanted to return in the future but didn’t expect it to be so soon.

    We went back to our flat and slept for a few hours. In the evening we had dinner close to our flat. Our most relaxing day of the trip.
    Read more