Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Pantheon, Trevi Fountain

    May 3, 2016 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    On the way home from the Vatican City, we chanced upon the Pantheon. Rome is a bit like that. You think you’re just walking around a corner and then BAM!! You look up and your eyes get assaulted (in a good way) by some beautiful architecture bursting with history. We decided to rest our weary feet and sat on the steps facing the Pantheon. We soaked in its beauty from the outside whilst listening to a busker playing the guitar. It was the perfect way to wind down after a whole day of being on our feet.

    The Pantheon has the biggest brick dome in the history of architecture. It was originally built in 25 BC and dedicated to all the Roman gods. These days, it is used as a church. We got in just in time before the Pantheon was closed for the day.

    As we made our way to dinner, we were stopped in our tracks yet again. The Trevi Fountain. The Romans didn’t like to do things in small scales – this fountain is humongous! Following tradition, Flora threw a coin over her shoulder into the fountain. Apparently this means that she will definitely return to Rome. She awaits that day with great anticipation. Rome has been a real marvel.
    Read more