Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Playa el Cuco

    February 13, 2017 in El Salvador ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    "La Tortuga Verde" on Playa el Cuco was a weird little paradise. It was a resort for the rich local people who would come on the weekends and a backpackers hang out at the same time. We were afraid our stay there could become a little expensive but it turned out not to be like that at all - especially as the staff forgot to put lots of things on our tab.
    They had daily free Yoga Sessions, you could go rent boards by the hour and every night there was a boat going out to watch the sunset.
    The place also took care of hurt pelicans and collected turtle eggs from the beach to protect them from any kind of harm and released the turtles into the ocean after they were born. So there was always something to do or to watch if just hanging out in a hammock got to boring.
    It was a 45 minutes walk from the resort along the beach to town which I took one day to check out the coastline here. It was the first beach you could actually walk for that long and it was pretty beautiful.
    It was my last stop with Sebastian before he would go back to Germany and I would continue to Nicaragua. It was nice traveling with him and Sandy for a while but now I'm also looking forward to be by myself again...
    Read more