Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 116

    Rapture Surf Camp // Sunset Booze Cruise

    April 22, 2017 in Nicaragua ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    The surfcamp had a boat available for boat trips to a few surf spots further up the coast for a while now. But as this trip was only for more experienced surfers we figured we should offer another option to use the boat. So I used one of these days where I had to stay at the camp by myself to wait for new guests to make a poster for a "Sunset Booze Cruise". When the guests got back to the camp that day everybody wanted to join so we actually had to split up into two groups. I joined the first group with a few of the guys who had been at the camp for quite a while.
    The tour included free sangria (after my recipe which I had invented a few days before for a Sangria Night at the camp), beer and ceviche. So I prepared a cooler with all the stuff and Wade gave us a ride down to Playa Marsellas where the boat picked us up. The waves were wild that day so it wasn't the easiest task for the captain to come onto the beach with his boat but he managed and he took us out to the ocean safely. But now actually drinking the sangria wasn't the easiest task for us as we were jumping over the waves like crazy.
    We went up north along the coast and made a stop at a nice and secluded beach where we were almost all by ourselves except for one other fancy yacht (next to our small fishing boat).
    On the way back we convinced the captain to let us jump in the open ocean. The water was super clear out there!
    Unfortunately we (or our captain) didn't catch any fish while we were on the boat but the other group did the next day and they happily shared it with everybody (prepared by our kitchen).
    Read more