Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Yellowstone I

    July 11, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Day nine: This night we slept in our car because there was a huge thunderstorm. But we slept well and hey the car was cleaned again. In the morning we went into the forest where we watched the work of the rangers to look up the grown species of plants. After an hour we went back to our car driving in the direction of Yellowstone. The landscape changed so quickly. Suddenly there were nothing than died plants and the whole landscape turned dry. It was a very beautiful view. When we arrived at Cody right in front of the national park we visited a gun store. It was very impressive 'cause in Germany we don't have public stores like that. Afterwards we wanted to visit the Old Trail Town. But it seems nothing special to us so we didn't want to pay entry for that.
    In the Yellowstone we was looking for a campground. On the road we saw about four bisons 🐂 next to the road and the Yellowstone Lake 🏞 Because all campgrounds are full we found some kind Mexican that allowed us to park behind their vehicle on their camping pit. The next camping night for free (actually the third) 🙈
    We met a few people who are moving from Oregon to Texas and combine that with a roadtrip. So they travel with a truck with their belongings in it. Pretty cool!
    At the end of the day we watched an interesting presentation about the animals which live in the park.

    seeing some ranger work✔
    Getting inside a gun store ✔
    Cody ✔
    Seeing more bisons ✔
    Yellowstone Lake ✔
    ---
    Illinois ✅
    Wisconsin ✅
    Minnesota ✅
    South Dekota ✅
    Wyoming ✅
    Idaho ❌
    Utah ❌
    Nevada ❌
    California ❌
    Arizona ❌
    Read more