Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    No pictures please

    December 21, 2019 in Morocco ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Today was our last day in Morocco. We crossed the Atlas Mountains to Marrakech. A small city of 2 million people, super clean, modern and French.

    After some free time we went on our last tour of a palace in the mendina and a tour of the market. The palace like all others was impressive with the mosaic ceramics details and plaster carvings. The details are just wow.

    The square of the Medina is a tourist trap. Cheap crap and people trying to make a buck. You look at someone and they will start selling you something. They have snake charmers and caged money. If you take a picture of them they will ask for money. If you take picture or merchants they will ask for money.

    Mr. Lee is our group member from Korea. His English is so/so and he kinda does want he wants. Mr. Lee gives 0 fucks. He also likes to take pictures and videos. We found out half way through the trip that he has a YouTube channel. The night before we realized that he was not paying attention about the merchants and snake charmers. We were all worried about having to save Mr. Lee in the market that he heard the “no picture” lecture from all of us. Thankfully he did listen and fighting off snake charmers is not something we had to do.

    After the tour the guide gave us free time till dinner. We walked around a bit (without hassle). It probably helped that there was 6 of us and 5 were male. Then we went for ice cream. As one does in a Muslim country where it is hard to get a beer.

    Our last supper was spent at a hotel restaurant where they served beer (yippee) and lamb shank. Omg the lamb here is so good. Then in was good byes to the group and time for Ty and I to get ready for the next adventure.
    Read more