Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    The Guinness Compound

    September 3, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Also in the West end of Dublin is the Guinness Brewery….well it is a bloody compound that stretches for blocks. It is the most visited attraction in all of Ireland. When I booked the tickets I wanted to give us time to look at a park and visit the shops in the area. Well there were no shops in the area and we did not feel like back tracking to a park in the rai so we visited the only pub we could find on the compound and had a nice long lunch with beers and and Irish coffees. Where we watched afternoon footie with the locals. It was a quaint family pub with slack service and amusement as we watch the father or uncle of Jamie (the server) yell at him constantly to give people ice or water or forks.

    Finally it was time for Guinness. The tour is self guided and was packed. The most enjoyable portion was the Stoutie Bar where we got to enjoy beers with our faces on them in a private area that only had people foolish enough to spend 6 euros extra per ticket. So there were a lot of people but in the grand scheme of people it was okay. We had found a seating area and enjoyed Guinness number 1 of the tour while watching the rain outside.

    Then it was off to the roof top bar (gravity bar) where you got to enjoy 360 views of Dublin. Unfortunately it was cloudy and raining so we did not see anything. It was also insane up there as everyone who does the tour gets a beer so there were wall to wall people. Luckily we ended up standing by a couple who had a table and were finishing up so we got to enjoy Guinness number 2 not crammed up against people.
    Read more