Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Neuschwanstein Castle

    December 23, 2022 in Germany ⋅ 🌧 43 °F

    Does this castle look familiar? It should. You’ve most likely seen it in movies or maybe even replicas in person. It was build by the “Mad King” Ludwig II. He dreamed of the architecture and beauty of the Middle Ages. After being declared insane he was removed before the castle could be completely finished and died a mysterious death. It’s a very interesting story and we wonder if he lived today if he would be declared insane or a visionary of our time.

    Anyways back to the castle. It is absolutely huge. Every inch of it beautifully decorated and is perched perfectly on a cliff overlooking the rolling countryside. What it must have been like to have that as a personal playground we could never imagine. Today was a rainy day but it certainly didn’t take away from the beauty of this castle. This famous castle. This magical castle… That’s right if you take a close look you will find that this castle was the inspiration for cinderella‘s castle. You can find it as the center piece of theme parks or at the beginning of every Disney movie. What a magnificent castle to choose.
    Read more