Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Phnom Penh, Cambodia day 2

    January 29, 2019 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Choeung Ek killing fields.... Just the name of the place says enough. We were surprised by how peaceful this place of so many deaths was. The government and non-profits have memorialized the killing fields and made it so others can come to learn about the devastation that happened in the late 1970's. Complete with audio tour, museum, and stupor full of the bones of those tossed into mass graves at this site. It was a very sombering morning and our tuk tuk driver even waited so he could take us back to the city.
    After the last two days of learning about mass killings in brutal murders it was very evident that we needed a break in to do something fun. So naturally that means going to shopping mall.wind up getting coffee and found this adorable French bakery that serves the most delicious pastries before we headed back to our hostel to get ready for the evenings adventure.
    Traditional Dance show. I've seen shows of similar variety in other countries ( Uganda, Ecuador, Peru) and I always find them to be very entertaining and insightful to the history and culture of the countries that we're in. it took a little bit of convincing to get AK on board but I'm glad we did it. Say the spectacular show and unlike anything I had seen before.
    Read more