Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    First days in Singapore

    July 4, 2016 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We finally made it!
    After a 10 hour trip from Abu Dhabi to Doha to Chingy airport, we arrived two days ago to our new home. So far it has been amazing. The difference in weather compared to Dubai and Alain is crazy! We basically went from being in a dry extremely hot sauna to a steam room.

    We are staying in an apartment complex called Heritage view. It is very nice and luxurious with multiple swimming pools, basketball court, gym, sauna, steam room and game room. Because of its proximity to INSEAD, we are looking to lease a place in the same complex. We've been busy contacting realtors about properties but it's been hard getting landlords to be ok with a short term lease. Hopefully we will find something that isn't too expensive soon.

    Since we've arrived we've been walking a lot, getting to know the surroundings, we've eaten at a few different hawker centers (mercados). The food is amazing and the prices are really decent. So far we've gone to Holland drive and Holland village.

    The one thing that so far has been exceptionally hard is getting used to the time difference. After 9 days in the middle east where life usually happens at night and going to bed after 2 am is the norm, sleeping in Singapore which is 4 hours ahead of Dubai has been crazy. This has been even worse for Alex who has been having trouble adjusting to the new surroundings and schedule. We hope he'll get used to it soon so the three of us can get some sleep.

    Tomorrow is our last day before Sammy starts his Spanish class. Hopefully we'll get more apartment leads and finish planning our trip to Thailand, Cambodia and Bali for the end of the month before school starts.
    Read more