Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    nice weekend with Lutron friends

    July 24, 2016 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Sammy finally had his Spanish exam last Friday.It was an intense three week course but I'm so proud of him. I can honestly say that he understands most of what I say and if he keeps up I have no doubt he'll be fluent.
    I got my passport with my Thai visa on it and met Sammy and his class who were celebrating after the exam. We ended up having a late dinner at timbre; a hipster trendy food market with makeshift food trucks. We got burgers and beers and listened to a funky live band before heading home.
    Saturday we took advantage that it was raining and hung out at home before heading out on an mrt adventure. We randomly decided to get off at a station called dhoby gaut and were just walking around.
    I love seeing how multicultural Singapore is and how tolerant people here are of other religions and cultures. We stumbled across a catholic church that rang the bells to announce mss, five minutes later, next door, a Hindu temple rang the bells and a block away a Chinese temple was also welcoming people.

    We wandered into Robertson quay and after walking along the river for a while, started walking towards little India where we met my dear friend and mentor minna mars logemann from Lutron and her daughter Maria. The food was spectacular. Highly recommend this little place called Usman. From there we walked to Clarke quay where we had drinks.
    On Sunday we meet Sammy's old friend from Lutron also named Mina who is working in sales for the Singapore team. We had a lovely late lunch at a great ramen place in Holland village and then a two hour chat at hagendaz. From there we meet up with some INSEADers at a wine bar again in Robertson quay. Overall a very active weekend
    Read more