Satellite
Show on map
  • Here we go again!!!

    August 8, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Konichiwa dear readers and welcome to the latest blog.

    This time T and J are off to Japan sans-kiddies for 12 days so it is a holiday for all.

    Due to booking problems we couldn't get a direct flight so we had to leave Sydney at 3pm on Monday and fly to Tokyo with a 3 hour stop over in Singapore in the middle of the night so we arrived in Tokyo at about 10am on Tuesday. Suffice to say Qantas still hasn't realised there are people over 5.5ft who catch planes so it was as uncomfortable as you would expect. At least I could watch The Revenant and gorge on the latest season of Game of Thrones.

    Like I said Qantas to Singapore (A330 for those who need to know) and a Japan Airlines Flight on to Tokyo (Boeing 777). The JAL flight was where we started to realise how interesting this trip is going to be given the language difference. As well as that we started to notice how uncommon Western people are, especially tall ones, there would have been about 6 non-Asians on the flight including T and myself and I would have been the tallest person on the flight.

    Anyway at least both flights were very close to being on time. A couple of photos below. The next edition is about our first day in Tokyo.
    Read more