Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Bradden Chamber Concert

    June 30, 2018 in England ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    This afternoon there was a concert given by the Segler String Quartet, the Arnold Wind Quintet and the MCB String Quartet at St. Michael's Church in Bradden. We mentioned at the tour meeting that we were hoping to use our existing chamber groups whilst we are in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to promote our concerts in town squares and play whilst audiences arrive and based on the beautiful playing from all three groups this afternoon we will definitely need to make this happen on tour!

    All three groups were superb and played a good variety of music to a very appreciative audience. The fact that this followed a full-on CYO Tour/NFMY rehearsal, was also in that "end of exams/end of term" period and took place in 30+ degrees heat (outside at least!) made the whole event even more impressive and enjoyable.

    The eagle-eyed amongst you may notice that the Segler quartet had a couple of 'ringers' - unfortunately Emma B was stuck in Menorca due to a cancelled flight (poor thing!?!) so Michael N kindly filled in on viola; and Amy D was also out and about on holiday so Mrs Malitskie took over cello duties for the day.

    We hope the tour prep is going well and that you are all looking forward to what should be a super trip to some wonderful places...not long to go now!!
    Read more