Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Student Blog 1 - Amy & Beth

    July 24, 2018 in Slovakia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Hi all,

    3 days in and loving every second. The concerts have been amazing and the coach journeys are something else... (let's just say there's not a song we haven't sung). 

    Our first concert venue was a stunning venue and the acoustics were amazing. 

    The audiences have been lovely, very supportive, we may have even had some tears in the audience at our first concert. The second concert was another great concert, singing the whole way through Mass in blue and playing (my personal fave) Cowboys. 

    The cuisine has surprised us all! The first night, our expectations were met with the classic good old meat, chips and gravy. However, the desert really pulled through and was thoroughly enjoyed. The second night we all placed our bets on the meat and chips in a riveting game of dinner bingo. Whist waiting for our food, to pass the time, our table had a very tense game of flip the coaster onto the jug and we found out that Beth (Elliott) has a true talent. (As you can probably tell, we know how to have a good time.)

    When the food arrived we were pleasantly surprised with a delicious spag bol, followed by a mysterious yet yummy eclair type desert.

    Sleep deprivation is an occurring problem at around 7:45 each morning. The beds (special shoutout to the dreamiest pillows) make it near impossible to wake up to your alarm and most mornings have been one of speed waking down to the elevator whilst herding the whole floor en route. Today we were given a luxurious lie in of 8:30 (they treat us well) and we took full advantage reaching breakfast at 8:45 (whoops!) 

    Overall the trip has been amazing so far and we are loving every minute of it! Can't wait to go and explore Bratislava tomorrow! 

    Amy and Beth (the Lennon twins)
    Read more