Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Farewell Mr Spinner

    July 27, 2018 in England ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    We are still battling our way up from Dover to NMPAT! Isn't it typical that in a tour of over 2000 miles it's the last 150 or so that are taking the longest to cover? At one stage it took us over an hour to cover about 200 metres!

    The students and I have all mentioned how amazing the staff are, and the delays have forced Mr Spinner into an emergency re-think of holiday plans! Initially an eta of between 12.00-14.00 would have given Jon plenty of time to get home, sort things out and head off with his family to the Isle of Wight; however the ever moving final arrival time has meant that he left the tour party at South Mimms services in order to walk to Potter's Bar to get onto the tube/rail system and meet up with his family who have already set off from Northampton!?! There is nothing that fazes this man (well maybe Richad Roper's jokes?) and so it was that he collected his suitcase and other bags and we wished him a very safe onwards journey, not before Michael and Emma had got the obligatory 'team viola' shot!

    Thank you for all of your help on the tour Jon, and we wish you a very well deserved holiday!
    Read more