Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 02 - Onwards To Moncaut

    April 16, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Up not to early for breakfast - prepared by the lovely Sophie. We had seen rave reviews for the food offered at La Cros and we we not disappointed. Everything you would have expected from a typical French offering, but with some home made extras thrown in.
    It was about 11am when we said our goodbyes to Sophie and set off for a mini day trip on route to our Gite for the week.
    We headed north east passing through Sarrant and Homos before reaching Fleurance. We stopped briefly for a wander round the market which was unfortunately just closing down - lesson learnt about our timings.
    We set off again on route to Lectoure, north on the N21.
    Set up high on a bill top Lectoure gives stunning views of the countryside around. It’s church with over looks the views also, is the focal point of the town.
    We took some time to wander the main high street area and stopped for drinks.
    With the need to arrive at our destination by 4pm with decided to drive to Condom for supplies, leaving ourselves just enough time to make it the the Gite and be on time.
    Travelling north west on both the D166 and D7 we arrived in Condom, but with little time to spare we hit the Intermarché to grab bits and pieces to see us through the weekend - not being sure what would be available to us over the next couple of days as it was Easter Weekend. Food and drink loaded into the car we set off north on the D190 to Roqué, Moncaut.
    We arrived slightly early which we had hoped to do and were met by our hosts Michel and Monique who were both immediately charming and showed us around their pride and joy.
    It want long before they had departed and we were left to unpack the car, relax, grab some food and drink and finish the evening with a sunset game on pétanque, which Mr Hollywood eventually won . . . more by default than skill and judgement 😂
    We called it an evening, with plans made to visit a local market tomorrow morning . . . Let’s see if we make it on time.
    Read more