Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 61

    16.11 Day 61 . . . Wind Turbines

    16 November 2022, Perancis ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Mr & Mrs H seem to have brought some rain with them from Blighty and so it continued this morning, even with us having a lazy get up and ready - it was still a bit damp outside.
    We had no firm plans for today, so decided to do a little road trip around some villages and hamlets that Tre and I hadn’t visited yet, let alone the Hollywoods.
    We headed generally west through the countryside clipping the north side of Chef Boutonne down to visit Cateau Javazay which of course was shut due to the time of year, but worth a quick visit for MR & Mrs H We then headed south towards Fontenille-Saint-Martin-D’Entraigues and then on and through Paizay-Le- Chapt, to Ensigné and then through the forest (where the chasse were out in force) through to Vinax.
    Now ever since Mr H has been here he has attempted to get ip close and personal to a wind turbine, even going off for walks from ours to go attempt to get close the ones near us. Well today was the day - in and around Vinax we got about as close as you can get by car (without using the specifically designed paths to them for the Turbine engineers) and so Mr H took the plunge and headed off across the field to get to one. Even from the car the sound and turbulence from them was obvious. We watched as Mr H hurdled the ploughed ditches of the field and got his photos. Once back in the car we decided it was time for hot chocolate and headed back towards Chef Boutonne. The journey did consist of an awful lot of re-runs of one particular video Mr H had obtained of the turbine and its noise. Little did we know this video and it’s soundtrack would feature heavily upon us over the next few days 😂
    Back in Chef we visited our normal haunt and grabbed some hot chocolate, then SuperU to grab some merguez sausages for tea.
    Back in the car we trotted off to Mellerand to show Paul & Mary the lovely church there . . . It was shut !!
    So we trundled back to ours where we were visited by Hannah our lovely landlady, who over-saw me bypass part of our pellet burner by undoing two cables from there connectors and joining them together with a paper clip. This apparently is the approved method when the pellet burner doesn’t feed pellets correctly - so says the chimney sweep/pellet burner man. He is due in a few days with a replacement part.
    After that excitement we chilled and listened to some music - Mrs H enlightening us on the extensive catalogue of Charles Aznavour and Mr H loads of old stuff none of had heard for ages - 10cc for one . . . . ‘Oh Donna’ probably not being one of their best tracks!
    Merguez sausages in crusty French bread with other bits for tea followed by the ‘Tourteau Fromagé’ the speciality Deux Sevrés cheese cake and the infamous Pomme Flan.
    Early-ish night as Bordeaux bound tomorrow!
    Baca lagi