Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    27.11 Day 72 . . . And She’s Gone

    November 27, 2022 in France ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    Not the earliest get up and start to a morning. That being said we all had some brekkie, after which Munch toddled off to pack her bags to go back to the UK.
    We had decided to visit a village Christmas market on route so we’re aiming to be out the door by midday.
    Just before leaving there was a round of apparently ‘grumpy’ Andy not understanding that ‘absolutely leaving her room like a car crash’ Melissa, was in fact about to sort her room and didn’t need me to remind her. After a heated 15 minutes we left, weirdly Munch’s room now appeared satisfactory to ‘grumpy’ Andy 😡
    Off we drove to Limalonges which is very close to the N10, our route to Bordeaux. The Christmas market was in full swing and for a village this relatively small size, there were quite a few stalls to browse. Not quite sure how I avoided us buying Christmas decor bits, hand sewn cotton shoulder bags or yet another bracelet for Munch (who had now taken over the ‘grumpy’ role due to having to clean her room) - I’m not quite sure. We also had a look in the village church with its Christmas scene all set out. An elderly village lady turned on some switches at the back of the church to show us how the stream actually flowed with water in the scene, the lights in the manger flickered and the small windmill (not sure of that relevance) spun. At that point all the actual main lights within the church flickered on and off, so we nodded at how impressed we were so she could turn the switches off and prevent the church having an electrical fire.
    Christmas headlines ‘Brits cause village church to burn down’
    Anyway we left the fair and hopped into Roxvanne. Then began the now normal drive to Bordeaux airport.
    Arriving on time we had ten minutes walking around the shops with Munch until it was time for her to go through security. Hugs and kisses done - she was gone again, disappearing off into the duty free shop.
    Tre and I hopped back into Roxvanne and headed home. Not sure if it’s because of the warm temperatures for this time of year, but some of the trees here have almost an acid yellow colour to them, more so that we seem to remember. The journey back was lined with these trees making it a lovely drive in the late afternoon/evening. We were back home within a couple of hours at about 7pm and after a bit of TV fell into bed.
    Matt Hancock didn’t win!!
    Tomorrow we house view again - second visit - fingers crossed.
    Read more