Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 77

    02.12 Day 77 . . . Two Houses - Chenay

    December 2, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 3 °C

    Two houses to see today, so up and at it as we set off in Rox to go and meet Kate . . . once again! This time in the SuperU car park at Sauzé Vaussais. Tre not complaining about her ankle and refusing to allow me to find an ankle support to help it heal.
    On arrival Kate told us the first property was about 5-10 minutes away. We are beginning to know exactly what we are looking for now and by this I mean in meterage, how many for the house itself, how many for the land. The first one today was going to be about 7500sq/m and the second one after was 19000sq/m.
    On arrival in Chenay, the house immediately made Tre and I smile as it was very similar to the house we nearly bought earlier in the year, only this time it looked a little better in state of repair.
    The house had a garden that wrapped around three sides of the building. The fourth side was a field that is part of the property. It is also the last property in the hamlet and has fields as far as can be seen on two sides. All looked good.
    The house has a hangar and a barn attached and four other small outhouses. Inside three well sized bedrooms with a kitchen that as always the former occupiers have taken the units with them - normal here. A lounge/diner and another lounge . . . all for once in a decent state, although still with quite a bit of work to do. The garden was to die for and I knew Tre has taken an immediate shine to this property. The bonus was the three cats that made themselves known, escorting us around the property . . . we established they were from the house across the lane, who in fact are the owners of the house we were viewing.
    On finishing up here we drove to Le Tertre and down a relatively steep lane to the second property. Weirdly this house it was now apparent was backing onto the the house owned by Gilly and Paul who we had met up with a few days earlier.
    The house was fine and the rooms sprawled around making it difficult to actually detail what was what. A lot more work was required here although the setting was fab. We went outside to look at the land - all 19000 sq/m . . . to be honest we couldn’t see ourselves keeping on top of what was really a small park, it was massive and very hilly. For the right person with probably more spare cash than us to buy a tractor or two it would be perfect, but not for us.
    We parted with Kate at the property to gather with one of her colleagues who had joined us (this was his property to sell), and slowly made our way home.
    We arrived home about 2pm and decided to have a little rest up. Tre had obviously found the property viewings particularly tiring and had a little afternoon siesta in front of the fire.
    We went out again early evening to visit a couple we had been invited round for a meal with, before heading home again to our own creature comforts, a glass of Pineau and 10 mins of telly before bed.
    We did like the house at Chenay!!
    Read more