Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 141

    04.02 Day 141 . . . The Lemon Tree

    February 4, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Having dragged ourselves out of bed and got ready, we sorted our ourselves ready for a trip to SuperU to get supplies for Lauren and Pete’s visit as of Sunday.
    We took the back roads to Sauze and found no sight of the Chasse - first time ever on this road on a Saturday.
    As we entered into Sauze, Tre mentioned that a cafe we had never been to was open. Not sure why we had never been in before, maybe as it always seemed to be shut. The thought of an English bacon sandwich overtook us and I quickly turned Rox around to go and park up. Bacon is something you can’t find out here easily.
    The Lemon Tree - Salon De Thé is on one of the main roads running through Sauze and is run by an English couple who have been running it for 18yrs. Having served us up fantastic bacon in baguette each, mine with an egg as well . . . We got into conversation with them about life in general in and around Sauze. We spent over an hour in the cafe eating, drinking and chatting . . . and meeting Lucky the black resident cat. Tre also bought a jar of honey sold in the cafe made by a local guy. Weirdly Tre and I had only been talking about my bee keeping ambitions on the drive over.
    We said our goodbyes and drove to SuperU having a catch up call with my mum on route. Mum and Dad are due out here beginning of March - so things still need sorting for them.
    We drifted around SuperU taking in anything we hadn’t seen previously, we had a list but we never seem to use it I til we’ve done a complete circuit of the shop. We grabbed all the bits we needed for Loz and Pete’s arrival and were only interrupted once, when we bumped into the owners of the Lemon Tree, who had closed up sometime after we had left and were now shopping themselves. . . we have new buddies in Sauze!! I don’t think they could believe we were still in there having left them when we did. We did also pick up another four bottles of the ‘Les Ormes De Cambras - Cabernet Sauvignon Pays D’Oc 2021’ we had a few nights ago, still at just over a euro as on offer 🤭
    We drove back through the back lanes and there they were - the chasse were on a normal chasse road, all up high in the viewing stations 😂
    We took some new roads towards home and then decided to check out a route to Gournay we have never taken. I don’t know how, but Tre noticed some deer in a field that the chasse would have been proud of - so tucked down in the green of the farmers field, that only their heads and ears were visible. We found Gournay and then checked out a house we very nearly bought. Apparently it is now bought, but it still looked decidedly empty and unloved.
    Homeward bound, checking out the deer who were still in residence in the farmers field. We unpacked Rox, I did a bit of Penguins update waiting on the Rugby to start, while Tre did the rubbish and bottle recycling run.
    The Rugby was very entertaining but not the result England wanted.
    Tre had made a fab lardon, onion and chilli omelette for dinner, with a little salad. We found a salad dressing the other day which I love - so had lashings of that all over.
    We sat and watched some rubbish TV and a couple of episodes of the The Killing Series 3 on iPlayer before calling it a night.
    Loz and Pete arrive tomorrow 😎
    Read more