Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 211

    15.04 Day 211 . . . Car’s & Tondeuse

    April 15, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    After our very late night last night, weirdly we both woke about 8am. We chatted for about ten minutes before both falling back to sleep. We were then very late waking up. Tea and an almond tuile in bed and then down for breakfast.
    The weather was lovely and sunny with Simpson clouds . . . the big white puffy ones against a rich blue shy . . . like at the start of a Simpsons episode.
    Once ready we hopped into Rox and headed to Civray to check out some cars. On route we took a detour past the Chenay house to see if clearing out was still under way. We think we drove past the woman and son we met before Christmas, then driving the opposite direction. At the house the field fence had been removed and at the house there was obvious car tyre marks in the driveway to the front door. These had never been there before - so looks like things are progressing. A few photos of the fields nearby as we left Chenay - including a sort of lady bird. I’ve tried to identify it a number of way but can be positive as the photo I doesn’t have enough detail.
    We then headed to the Citroen garage at Civray and checked out some C3 cars they had. We think they might be too small for my masculine bulky (overweight) frame. So we headed across the road to Peugeot and spoke to a very nice man about a 3008 that they had.
    Five minutes later Tre and I were out on a test drive on our own, no agent with us, no checking if our driving licences, no taking of our home address or phone numbers - just set loose for a drive. We both had a drive - primarily Tre, as I’d driven one before that we had hired. Back at the garage safe and sound we sat and went through some stuff with the very nice man (who keeps Donkeys - much to Tre’s delight) and got some prices. We left the garage with some thinking to do.
    We drove to Civray and dropped into Intermarché to grab a few bits for tonight and tomorrow.
    From there we drove down the road to another form of Brico to check out Tondeuse - ride on mowers again. They really didn’t have too much to look at and so walked across the road to another garden/land equipment place. Now I’ve always worked on the premise that if there is no price tag on an item and you have to ask the price, you probably can’t afford it so why bother asking. So we didn’t stay long!
    Having had most of the afternoon out and about we decided to head for home enjoying the late afternoon sunshine - and discussing our needs when it came to a car. There is only the two of us most of the time - so do we really need something large and fairly luxury, not really. So time to re think our brand choices.
    Home about 6pm Tre quickly smashed out the same chorizo salad we had a couple of nights ago. We enjoyed it so much the other night it was fab to have it again. Also uncorked a bottle of our favourite red.
    We then watched a few episodes of The Night Agent - leaving us the final two episodes for tomorrow.
    Match of the Day finished our evening and finished any hope I had of Chelsea getting some pride in themselves.
    We may go to Lenzay tomorrow - let’s see what time we surface in the morning.
    Read more