Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5–6

    Day 05 19.04 . . . Jim Nooone!

    April 19 in France ⋅ 🌙 -1 °C

    Well after a walk from hell to town last evening, Loup then delivered the night from hell at the hotel, pacing all night and hopping on and off the bed.
    Suffice to say with very very little sleep I was up and out the door to walk him in the dark at 6am. Due to our location it was a bit fresh and all the car windscreens were iced up.
    Today was a travel sort of day with a stop off towards the end to see a very old mate, but we hoped to make Rocamadour for the night.
    We left the hotel about just gone 9am after breakfast and headed generally towards Toulouse. The scenery on route was spectacular again and we were treated to glorious sunshine to see it in.
    We skirted past Toulouse and on generally toward Cahors on the toll roads.
    Our only stop at one services saw us being told by the Gendarmes to move our van as we were in a lorry bay. Three other cars were also in the ‘lorry’ bays and what was so confusing was the height restriction to the section we were in was too low for lorries . . . Go figure!!
    At 1.30pm we pulled into the address of one
    Mr James Noone who greeted us with his unmistakeable Irish twang.
    We think the last time we saw each other was 2015 and before that we have no idea, but we spent many fun pack years together way back in my Gatwick Airport days and my life at Slaugham Manor.
    We spent a really lovely couple of hours in the sunshine of his fab house, eating lunch and having one little beer - Teresa weighed into the wine of course as not driving 😂
    Before we left Tre had to go and see the Donkeys ‘Blossom and Clementine’ and fed them their apples and carrots. We still aren’t getting any!!
    The time passed too quickly before we said our goodbyes (now laden with fresh eggs and Irish sausage) and headed north once again.
    We arrived on the outskirts of Rocamadour at about 7pm to see the town in still lovely evening sunshine. It really is a sight to see and almost unbelievable that the place has been built like this. After photos were taken driving in, we found our base for the night which was in the Chateau car park . . . Get us. We sat and ate and Loup had a run around. He has been so brilliant in the van all these days - just wish he would wise up to not pulling so much on the lead.
    We then went for a walk around the grounds before heading back to Rox to bed down for the night. Please Loup sleep tonight.

    Our song of the day is:
    That’s All I Wanted From You - Jalen Ngonda (Andy’s choice)

    Todays album never heard before in its entirety is:
    The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (Our Rating 4/10)
    Read more