Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Ending with SUP tryouts

    May 25, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    And again, our time in the valley is coming to an end. As Julia is still struggling with lower back pain, Bonney suggests for her to try stand up paddling to relax her back muscles. He even takes us to lake Predil in Italy right after visiting the Soca source and the Great Gorge (see last footprint).
    Having two SUPs in his van, he lends us one to share and accompanies us on the lake in the second one. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of that outing, but it sure was a lot of fun, especially being complete beginners and wobbling our way across Predil, which especially after the rain offered stunning views. However, it was also damn cold and even with our wetsuits we were freezing when we got back to the van.
    The next day (our last one 😥) Bonney offered us to paddle with him once more, this time on white water. I left the paddle board to Julia and borrowed Bonneys fun half-slice 😍 kayak (according to him "the best kayak ever built"), having myself a nice little training session for technique and eskimo roll.
    In the evening, we invited everyone to join us for a farewell party. Although our plan to have this party with a bonfire at the river bank was a little too ambitious, we at least got to see our friends one last time in our typical watering holes before leaving. The final stargazing session down in Čezsoča was reserved to just a few people.
    Read more