Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    D52 Turkey - Pamukkale to Fethiye

    August 25, 2019 in Turkey ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    A Snapshot of Our Day

    Photo 1 - Caught one of the public buses to Fethiye, but had the bonus of allocated seats! Some people weren’t so lucky...

    Photo 2 - I’m still not comfortable buying them.

    Photo 3 - Mete took us to a local restaurant in Fethiye that prepared about 30 different hot and cold mezze dishes, and also had seperate kebab and pide kitchens. I got stuck into my plate of cooked greens along with a yogurt dish with roasted vegetables and fresh bread.

    Photo 4 - The Oludeniz Blue Lagoon was at the end of a 3km stretch of beach, and was clearly popular with the locals despite the entrance fee (sun beds and brollies cost extra of course). We opted to walk 50m to the other side of the inlet where it there were less people, the water was clearer, and the beer was closer.

    Photo 5 - “Waterproof” phone case anyone?

    Photo 6 - Mr. Cool.

    Photo 7 - Our side of the bay, pure bliss.

    Photo 8 - Our side of the bay, pure bliss.

    Photo 9 - We found the rest of our tour group and enjoyed a drink while the sun prepared its bed. The DJ provided only on category of music - pure rubbish.

    Photo 10 - Ant and I, plus Beau and Brent from our tour group, attempted to find a local and well priced sea front eatery for dinner. I’m not a fan of being approached every 17 seconds and having a menu thrust into my hands...probably why we don’t eat in Lygon Street very often!
    Read more