Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Tuzla

    June 10, 2017 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Stats: 14.36km, 202m elevation gained, 14.36 km from the start
    GPS-track: https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=1830…

    The airport of Tuzla looks more like a small bus terminal. We even walk past the baggage claim area as we cannot recognize it as such. A heavily sweating man heaves all the bags through a hole in the wall and finally even our bicycles.
    We unpack them in the waiting hall, change clothes and within 30 minutes from landing we are already cycling. The first section are only 15km, but with a steep climb before Tuzla. We get a great view from the top of the hill before rolling down into the city.
    Our hotel is easy to find.. check-in and then we start exploring Tuzla on foot.
    A walking and cycling track leads along the river into the city center. There is a group of artificial lakes that has been turned into a public pool. But is is already closed when we walk by. The city center has a pedestrian zone with cafes and bars. Very nice. Pm our way back to the hotal we take a path up a hill and find a large cemetery spreading over the top of it. They built a big mobile radio antena in between all these graveyards. Might facilitate the connection to heaven we suppose.
    Read more