Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Going back home..

    June 19, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today is the last day of our trip. We still have time until noon, so we try to get as much as possible out of this day. The beach is less than 500 meters away from our flat. We put on our swimwear and start the day with swimming in the mediterranean sea. At this time of the day it is still very quiet at the beach.
    We use the remaining time for breakfast and a short cycle tour along the main road of Lido. It is pleasant for cycling, as its a wide road with cycleways on boths sides. A few hundred meters away from the ferry terminal the tourists area seems to be over and fruit shops, houses and sports facilities are lined on both sides of the road. Unfortunately we don't have enough time to reach the lower end of Lido, because the ferry that takes us to the train station already leaves at 12.30. Nevertheless it was good to have done a short ride before being seated the rest of the day.
    One last time we enjoy the ferry cruise with view on the city of Venice. Then, it's time for the long train journey. We admire the beauty of the mountains as we're rolling through Italy and Austria. At each stop we would rather get out and stay in the Alps than go back home with this train. Sadly, this is not possible.
    Read more