Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Battambang, Cambodia

    April 22, 2016 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    So Battambang was a Spats only stop (me and Rach) and again was a really incredible place. We treated ourselves to a deluxe luxury room or something along those lines for cheap dollar as there were no hostels open during the peak of the dry season....temperatures hitting 40 easily!!

    We met our tuktuk driver, Mr Lim, at the bus station who ended up being our guide for our time there. Such a lovely, humble man who showed us so many cool, random places unique or symbolic to Battambang and gifted us with his knowledge of local tradition, Cambodian culture and history.

    The places we visited....ready??

    Bamboo train.

    Phnom Sampeau.

    We also saw....

    Rice Paper Factory; Khmer Sticky Rice Cake Stall; Mrs Bun's Ancient House; Fruit Bat Trees; Fish Market; Swing "San Francisco" Bridge; Mushroom Farm; Vineyard; The Well of Shadows; Wat Phnom Ek; Wat Banan.

    Maybe I'll finish the descriptions for all of them one day but for now that'll do....Basically I went all over this very special place and one day will return to see Mr Lim and his family during the wet season when it's not so hot!
    Read more