Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 62

    Pass Christian, Slidell & Chalmette

    23 november 2023, Verenigde Staten ⋅ ☁️ 55 °F

    We've had a very long visit in New Orleans, and enjoyed the company of many different people!

    Thanksgiving was a multi day affair, with a pre-dinner at Patty's neighbors Suzy & Paul, then two Thanksgiving dinners, first with Patty's niece Meghan and then a later dinner with Michael and Kathy. Suzy and Paul followed up with a not-Thanksgiving lasagna dinner.

    We visited Slidell, about 30 minutes out of New Orleans and stayed over at Daryl's lovely home. We also attended a Friendsgiving party at Darryl's friend Greg's home in Slidell, complete with a swim in a well-heated pool.

    Finally, we had a wonderful dinner at a friend of Michael's, coincidentally in Patty's neighborhood. While Patty hadn't ever met David, they had many common acquaintances. David was quite the art aficionado, and also had great skill and artistic sense working in iron and brass to create furniture, including basketweave tables, bar stools, occasional chairs, and beautiful bed frames, some with canopies. His collection of Jose-Maria Cundin (a Basque artist) paintings and sculpture was amazing, and he had drawings by lesser known, but skilled and creative people like Tom Seacrest of Lafayette. David and Michael have worked together on projects for decades, like the City Park greenhouse renovation.
    Meer informatie