Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 75–77

    Prime Cay

    10. Mai auf den Bahamas ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    We decided to try a really nicely protected anchorage that has a shoal entrance requiring high tide. So we left Lee Stocking early to arrive at high tide, and made an easy entrance with about 1.5ft below the keel. To our surprise, mv Happy Place had already arrived, but we never saw them pass us. Later when I asked, Ricardo said he’d taken the Exuma Sound route as we had, but never saw us either. Mystery!

    I did a kayak tour of the shallows, with a tidal creek leading to a large pond. On the way, I saw 3 turtles, 1 gray stingray, a live juvenile conch, and two huge, red, 5-armed starfish. I beached and walked to the ocean, and then S to the very large bay and beach, a really fine and undeveloped spot.

    The next day, I invited Ricardo & Marcieu to go spear fishing. We managed to find what seemed to be the sole good spot. We managed to get a snapper and Ricardo disappeared into a cave, eventually emerging with another grouper. After moving on, Ricardo selected a nice spot, but it was about 35 ft deep. I could get down there, but would have to return immediately while Ricardo leisurely swam around for another minute!

    After that, we took the dinghy on a shallow water tour between Little Darby and Darby Islands before returning to our anchorage. Twice we had to walk the dinghy, it was so shallow at low tide.
    Weiterlesen