Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    McLaren Vale

    March 8, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    McLaren Vale is a 45min drive from Adelaide and has an abundance of wineries, cafes and restaurants. It's signature wine is Shiraz and at McLaren Vale you can see spectacular scenery where the vines meet the sea. One of the areas newest draw cards is the d'Arenberg Cube, costing over $13 million to build, this glass structure amongst the vines, is set to become one of Australia's most notable food and wine experiences. It offers a variety of sensory rooms to give you a new appreciation and perspective on wine tasting.
    Zerella winery was a favourite, a smaller winery run by several generations of an Italian family. During our tasting we were lucky enough to meet 91 year old Frank, a model for what living on a Mediterranean diet can do , a small man , but stood perfectly straight unaided with a mind a sharp as a tack. There was a great picture of Frank and his grandson on the iron wall at the tasting bar.
    We also stocked up on a few tasty supplies from Romeo's grocery, this store has won awards as a top grocer, there were tasting plates of cheese and other yummy things, even a special cheese room which looked fantastic.
    Read more