Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Cape Range National Park

    May 31, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    There was no entry yesterday because there is no reception at Tulki Beach campsite.
    We had an amphibious day yesterday. We snorkeled at Turquoise Bay and hiked the Mandu Mandu gorge.
    Turquoise Bay was beautiful but the currents were strong. Very strong. Ruby swam out to the corals 3 times. I tried twice and could not get out to the corals. The noodle float makes it hard to use my arms effectively and besides I was terrified.
    I did see some fish though. At Turquoise Bay you snorkel the drift loop where you swim out to the coral and just let the current drift you down the beach.
    Mandu Mandu gorge was beautiful. Starting the walk on a dry river bed then heading up the gorge to walk on the rim. Up the top you get a fantastic view of gorge, ocean and river bed. Rather spekky.
    Today we are snorkeling at Oyster Stacks and maybe a hike at Yardie Creek.

    Both nights the stars were brilliant and the whole night sky light up. We could see the Milky way, Venus, Gemini, Sorpio and even Sagittarius. The constellations were so clear. Even saw shooting stars. But the winds in the middle of the night were strong and threatening to blow us to Oz.
    Read more