Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Karajini Ecoretreat Glamping

    June 9, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    It was very overcast when we woke up this morning. So after packing tent and equipment away we decided to check at the visitors centre which gorges we could visit before checking into the Ecoretreat. Unfortunately due to the forecast of rain, all the gorges were closed except maybe Joffre Gorge. So we decided to head to the Ecoretreat to get more information. When we got here at 11am, they told us Joffre Gorge is still open but will close when it starts to rain. Although check-in is normally at 2pm, our tent was already cleaned and ready. We were so happy to be able to check-in, unpack and headed for Joffre Gorge before it rained.
    It was definitely worth a visit. The gorge leads to a waterfall and a swimming water hole. It was clean, pristine, beautiful and majestic but so cold. We had to wade hip high in water for about 20 metres around a bend before the waterfall and pool could be seen.
    We did not swim because the water was numbingly cold but I slipped on the slippery mossy floor and got totally soaked. It was a cold but very enjoyable explore. We got back to within sight of our car before the drizzle started.
    Read more