Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Karajini Dales Campsite

    June 7, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Surprisingly, sleeping in the car was very comfortable. We woke when day was breaking and that was so beautiful. Amazing sunrise. Topped it off with the appearance of a rainbow. Since we were in the Cheela Plains, we decided to take a little drive on the property to Mussel Pool, which was a tiny water hole, a tiny waterfall and The Wall which was the face of the gorge with vertical rock formation. Did all this without breakfast, thinking that we would head to the cafe at the reception for a proper cooked breakfast. We were so looking forward to it, and were devastated when informed the cafe stopped serving breakfast at 9am, and we were an hour too late. We snacked on cornthins and crackers till we got to Parabadoo, about 45 minutes away, and found a lunch bar for a quick lunch. We shared a burger and got to Karajini 2 and a half hours later, starving.
    After setting up camp, we finally cooked what we had planned to have for dinner last night.
    Had dinner, washed up and put away our dinner and dessert stuff by 5pm. Our first meal in 36hrs. Happy now.
    Then Ruby found our neighbours from Kenya and started chatting all about their travels, their migration, and family. They have a great camping set up all built, fabricated and put together in the car by the one of the 2 young man. The car was kitted out with a refrigerator, 2 batteries, drawers, pull out cooking station, roof rack and awnings, 2x20l petrol jerry cans, and all the bells and whistles that go in a zooped up camping 4WD.
    We are now sitting outside our tent, star gazing and writing our Penguin footprint.
    Read more