Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Elachbutting Peak

    May 24, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    After our explorations yesterday, we had a cup of tea with fellow campers, siblings Noel and Sue. They each have their own extremely well setup caravans, and are staying at this campsite for 10 days. They told us that we can get mobile phone reception at the peak, and at the top of the 4WD track. Noel showed us his special track to the peak, but the rain turned us back before we summited. It was incredible how a bit of rain made the rock so very slippery. We took refuge in our car to sit and watch the storm pass. A quick heat up of our pre cooked meal for dinner when there was a lull in the storm, and a fast hike up the 4WD track to check in with Kai. We were in our tent before 6pm, and the storm blew, galed, gusted and pelted down on us all night. Grace checked the tent pegs in the middle of the night and all was still secure. The rain stopped this morning, but the winds were still gusty.

    After breakfast, we met Noel and Sue when we walked towards the 4WD track again. They were so pleased to hear that we weathered the storm so well, and Sue told us that they are Christians, and had prayed for us last night. We wanted to explore further up the 4WD track, and managed to get to the summit from there. As the wind died down some when we got back to camp, the flies emerged. We decided to set up our shade tent to eat in peace without bothersome flies, and to have some shelter should it rain in the afternoon. Just in the time of writing this entry, the weather has changed from sunny to rain. Hoping the rain won't blow into our shade tent and we can sit here to wait it out.
    Read more