Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    The Terraces

    May 31, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    This is quite a magical place and we are the only ones here. Quite privileged and special.
    Came across enormous scats about 3cm X 2cm x 2cm when we were taking a walk on the ridge. Don't know who they belong to.Having a lovely day just exploring the caves and the views from the top of the breakaways.

    The skies were clear on the first night, and being so far away from any light pollution, we put every layer of clothing on and stayed up to star gaze. Clouds provide cosmic blanket, so temperatures drop further at night when the skies are clear. The second day and night was clouded over, but we were grateful it did not rain. In our exploration, we came upon a sign that said that collection of fire wood was permitted. So we obliged and built a warm fire. So even though the night sky was clouded over and showed not a star, we stayed up to fire gaze, sans layers. A camping milestone achieved in this campsite was the accomplishment of executing shovel poop. Not a feat to be trivalised by the experienced or inexperienced campers. Many considerations needed to be met. How to locate the best spot, comfort in squatting, how deep the hole, and it's size, and how to be neat about it all. Much discussion and planning was had before the event.

    We saw camels and goats on our drive out of The Terraces. Maybe the big turds belong to camels. However, some were found at the top of the rock. It'd be interesting to see how a camel would get up the loose rocky and sometimes steep slope.
    Read more