Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Dongara

    June 4, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    We went to Poppies Cafe for breakfast. A sweet little cafe in an old church, set amongst huge Moreton Bay Fig trees. We then bought some prawns, scallops and Red Emperor fish wings from Seaz Seafood Supplies down at the marina. It was prawns, avocado and crusty bread for lunch back at the accommodation. The rest of the day was spent resting after doing 2 loads of laundry.
    This is how wonderful it is to be in accommodation, as written in a WhatsApp message,
    "You know what!! You know what!!
    Talking about cold, 🫣
    We can just press a button, put the heater on, and heat. Heat in a few minutes.
    AND talking about 🏕️ camping,
    Here, we can drink lots in the evening, hot cups of tea, and then not scared.
    Not scared that we'd need to go to toilet at night.
    Just get up, and go.
    Got lights
    Not cold
    No need to unzip and venture into the cold and scary unknown dark.
    No need to dig holes!"
    When the wind blows, no flappy fabric sounds. The walls stay perfectly still. We realised that we have been pitching our tent to loosely, and that pulling it tighter and more taut before we peg it reduces flap. Much like our bodies, really.
    Running hot water. In fact, just running water!
    And no flies, ants, strange bugs and things that go bump in the night.
    All this rest is good, all the conveniences and luxuries much appreciated.
    But, where is all the fun?
    Happy to leave this 5 star accommodation and get back to our million stars camping tomorrow at Leseur National Park.
    Read more