Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Boranup campsite

    September 14, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    We set off early this morning as we were worried that the campsite would be full. Got here at noon and not a single other camper in sight. The grey clouds, gusty winds and periodic heavy downpours might have something to do with the sensibilities of other campers to stay away. Whatever the reason, it is always wonderful to have the campsite to ourselves. The rain abated enough for us to set up the tent and even heat up a most delicious Transylvanian Potato and Ham soup that very special friend kindly cooked and froze for us.
    When the rain started again after lunch, we decided to go for a drive and found a Pies and Ale house, next to Boranup gallery.
    We had coffee and cider.
    The parks and wildlife man at Calgadup Cave showed us some orchids from the car park and then we ventured across the road to the 4 wheel drive track to look for more. We found so many new orchids that we have never seen before.
    The sunset at Boranup Lookout was rather unremarkable due to the heavy cloud cover. We're now having dinner in the car as it's too cold and wet outside. It'll be a very early night for us tonight. Might even leave the dishes in the bucket for tomorrow morning.

    May the sun shine tomorrow.
    Read more