Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Travelling to Decin via Liberac

    September 20, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Just before we checked out, there was a man outside our apartment handing out apples. We thought he was a politician canvassing votes. It turns out that he was promoting active day and giving apples to those walking. I was given an apple.

    We caught a bus to Liberac and this time without a hitch. Parked our luggage at the train station for 100czk (aud$7) and did a little wander in the old and new town of Liberac.
    Ruby found a coffee roaster, Nordbeanz, for us to have breakfast at. It was quite a find. The waiter recommended cinnamon scrolls that he purported was the best in all of Czech republic. It was indeed, the cinnamon scroll did not come with icing on top but with cream cheese. A small macchiato is known here as expresso macchiato. We also bought their famous bread for tomorrow's meals.

    We also found a food truck that roasted pork neck and whole chickens. We bought half a chicken and 300g of pork for the meals in Decin.

    At Husa, traditional Czech restaurant, we had beef cheeks and the Czech reknown roast duck.
    Sounds like all we did at Liberac was eat or buy food.
    Now we are on the train to Decin in Bohemian Switzerland for our next hiking adventure.

    Distance walked 11.3km
    Read more