Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Cesky Krumlov Day 3 Egon Gallery

    October 8, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    We had planned a long hike today but the dark clouds were looming and when we got out of the apartment for coffee, it was already starting to drizzle.

    So our wet weather plan was to visit the Regional Museum and the Egon Schiele Gallery.

    The Regional Museum was full of information about the history, wars and turmoil that happened here with the Hapsburg, Rozenberk and the Schwazenberg, the religious wars of the protestants and catholics, the 1st and 2nd world wars, Nazi occupation and then the communist. Very informative and interesting museum.

    Egon Schiele Gallery showcased some of his work and his life that tragically ended at 28years old from the Spanish flu. Beautiful sketches and paintings of the buildings and landscapes of Cesky Krumlov and others.

    There was also an exhibition of Ivana Lomova and Jans Franz. Ivana's was picture perfect painting. Her paintings looked like photographs but done with oil on canvas. So impressive.
    I found it very hard to appreciate Jans Franz work as it was akin to really bad graffiti.

    Dinner was at Hanoi Memories as we had good memories of the food from last night. Nice break from the heavy meaty Czech food.

    Distance walked 6.5km
    Read more