Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 61

    Mantua Day 1 Palazzo Ducale

    November 10, 2023 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 8 °C

    Today is a day of near misses.
    We could not book our train from Padua to Mantua online for some reason so we got to the train station early and a good thing we did. The route we wanted to take had a long delay because there was an accident on the tracks so the ticket office told us to book another route.
    When we had to change trains in Monselice.
    We had lunch at the cafe between train changeover. When we boarded our connecting train, I realised I might have left my phone at the cafe. With 9mins before the train scheduled departure, I ran all the way to the cafe and made it back to the train with 2mins to spare.
    When we got to Mantua, the platform was crowded and Ruby left the luggage for me but I didn't know and within minutes our cabin bags were missing. Fortunately the police managed to help us find our bags.

    After we recovered from the travels, we headed to Palazzo Ducale. Every square inch of the Palazzo was painted. The Bridal Chamber was so impressive and it got even better. It was amazing, but we couldn't find any where nice for dinner because all the good restaurants were booked all weekend. So Ruby came up with a brilliant idea of getting takeaway from one of the nice restaurants called Osteria dell' Orca finally a nice finish to our night.

    Distance walked 9.9 km.
    Read more