Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    Bologna Day 2 Pinotecca, Church visits

    November 14, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Today we had planned to go to the Pinotecca in the morning and a free walking tour in the afternoon. We got an email saying that it was cancelled so we've slotted in Church visiting in the afternoon instead.
    The Pinotecca was chronologically arranged from 13th to the 18th century.
    Beautiful works by Raphael, Guernico ( Barbieri), Tintoretto, Tizian, Gracia etc.
    We went to Mo Mortadella Lab for lunch. Freshly baked rolls with stracciatella, Mortadella massive sandwiches.

    We visited 3 churches and in one of the churches , Church of San Sebastian, there were 7 "churches" in one area due to additional buildings and add ons from the church built in 350AD.

    We had dinner at a restaurant about 3km away and it was so good. Carpaccio served a huge bowl of mixed seafood of crabs, prawns, shrimp, mussels, vongole and octopus just simply boiled. Never thought that it could be so tasty.
    Then we had ragu with tortellini again yummy. Lastly, seabass wrapped in salt crust and baked. The owner served the fish with a mallet, fork and knife. He used the mallet to break the salt crust, then he skillfully filleted the fish infront of us. Fish was simply served with a drizzle of olive oil.
    We didn't think we could eat it all, but we did.
    Distance walked 19.7km
    Read more