Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Leaving Britain

    June 21, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Leaving Britain again today and I'm really glad I'm going! It's been really great to see family and friends but as a travel destination this country sucks.

    Customer service is crap, it's dirty and grey, the food is awful and expensive and transport systems are crowded, inefficient and beset with lots of delays.

    Did I mention the customer service? Typically it's that couldn't give a shit, slovenly, "I'm doing you a favour, mate" attitude that really makes my blood boil and leads to a poor experience all around even when other things are going well.

    Maybe I have been spoilt by travel in Japan which is just so fantastic and easy, but really Britain, do you have to be such a horrible place to travel in or through.?

    Airports, train stations and motorway services charge extortionate prices because they have a captive audience and grumpy shop assistants and airport 'customer service' reps seem hell bent on making your experience a bad one.

    Package flights from the likes of Thomson and low cost airlines may be cheap but they are a truly horrible experience guaranteed to make your holiday a bummer. Masses of human cattle are crammed into pressurised tin cans in seats so small even midgets would have issues and the 'pay extra for everything' service model makes for frustratingly slow service at silly prices.

    Airports and train stations are crowded and dirty, the people are rude and the service is terrible...

    Goodbye Britain... I won't miss you!
    Read more