Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 120

    More snorkelling

    September 3, 2015 in Panama ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    We had an amazing breakfast of bacon butties, fruit and toast with peanut butter. Feeling stuffed, we went snorkelling on the reef I'd found yesterday afternoon. The visibility was a bit better and there were more fishes. The coral was some of the best and most varied I've seen. I imagine it would probably have been even more colourful and impressive if it had been sunny. It's surprising there aren't more fishes or turtles considering the habitat. Anna said it was one of the best reef snorkelling she's done. It was an overcast day, which was good as most of us had slightly pink backs from yesterday.

    We lay on deck to dry off and then lunch was ready. Despite not being hungry we wolfed down mozzarella and tomato breads with salad.

    Goeran decided he wanted to move on to avoid another rough night so we jumped in for our last snorkel and headed to the other island and saw a conch and some little lobsters. Amy picked up a conch and Anna told her to put it back 'before it drowns'!

    Once back, it was time to set sail and we headed to the capital of San Blas, Nalunega. I went to lie at the front of the boat and had a nice 5 minutes before a huge wave crashed over soaking me and a couple of others.

    For the first time on the boat it was chilly due to a cold wind, so after a shower I stayed in my bunk to keep warm. Dinner was roast chicken and mango crumble with ice cream.
    Read more