Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 141

    Pancakes, waffles & mojitos

    September 24, 2015 in Nicaragua ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We went to the bus office to get our onward travel tickets then had breakfast at Kathy's Waffle House: blueberry waffle for me and two huge bacon pancakes for Anna which she couldn't finish (350C).

    We then went to check out the chocolate hotel and booked in for tomorrow night. Anna's tummy was over stuffed so we went back to our room where I promptly fell back asleep.

    A while later we went out to sample some gelato (muy bien), past some more churches and walked to the edge of the lake. On our return we found the crazy gold prospector from last night who insisted we join him and his friends for drinks. We sat outside and he plied us with mojitos, which were average at best, and tried to hit on Anna. We told him he was barking up the wrong tree but it didn't stop him telling me to send her his way if I ever got bored of her! Lovely, old guy but bit of an alcoholic. One of his friends, married with kids, told us he has organised a cigar party tomorrow night full of prostitutes. I'm not sure if this was supposed to impress us?!

    We left the drunkards to have dinner across the street at Kapuyo (bar from the previous night). We shared veggie chili, garlic bread and veggie tacos - all amazing food (570C). The street was much busier with the lack of rain. Melissa told us it usually rains constantly at this time of year so we've been lucky. It's been overcast but not too hot which is perfect for us. Anna bought some magnetic lava rocks from a street kid for 40C which are highly addictive to toy with.
    Read more